Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rolling Stone's Top 50 List

    I had a dental appointment after work this evening and saw there was a copy of Rolling Stone magazine in the waiting room. It had their ranking of the Top 50 rap songs of all time. I was pleased that Eminem had two songs on the list, 'Lose Yourself' and 'My Name Is'. There was a picture of Notorious BIG- AKA Biggy Smalls- on the cover. The dental assistant asked me about the typical subjects such as if I had seen any concerts lately. I had not but I have a ticket for the Pink show in two months.
    At the comedy club tonight the club owner said he saw a comedian in San Francisco that had the same style as me, I said I didn't know I had one. Notable was one of the comics being a foreigner, born in New Zealand and settled in Australia. He did an in-law joke, saying his ex-mother-in-law was an extra in 'The Hobbit', basically saying she was ugly.
   At work we started in on a special project. It is pulling whatever we can find on accounts on a big list. We were told we can expect to find just under a third of them. It is tedious to do and I need breaks from it. But I still completed 13 pages in spite of this, as I started on it after returning from lunch. We still have a ways to go, as there are over a hundred pages.
   I watched some of Jay Leno tonight, and actor Mark Wahlberg was on the show promoting his movie 'Broken City'. Russell Crowe is also in it. I still usually still refer to Wahlberg as 'Marky Mark', his stage name as a musician, as I recall it fairly well. The movie starts Friday, hard to say when I will end up seeing it. But I usually don't go on the opening weekend. One big news story was how actor Conrad Bain died, he was Mr. Drummond on the TV show 'Different Strokes', one I did watch often. My dad liked to make a big deal about Bain being a 'Canadian import'.

No comments:

Post a Comment