Tuesday, January 29, 2013

DAV Calls

   I see that I check my cellphone at least once a day. This is usually on the bus after work. Today there was a voicemail from the DAV. I think it's the typical one about scheduling pickups. But if I have items to donate, I will just take care of that myself by finding a donation box in my area. I think this is a holdover from my landline as I decided to keep the same number when switching to the cell.
   At lunchtime I did get a look at the ice sculptures from the winter carnival, some are already melting. I checked the Macy's liquidation sale as well, but I'm still waiting to get more items there at a larger discount than what is currently being offered.
  At work we did reach the end of the special project, pulling titles on bankrupt accounts. I was the one to finish it, four pages in all. On two of these pages, I found  a grand total of one title.
   I definitely had the winter carnival on my mind, in more ways than one. So I decided to order a button from E-bay, the one from 1980. It says 'Jest Fest' and has a clown with ice skates on it. I think it's kind of funny that the button is in Florida. But I didn't know if I'd have the time to search the local antique shops to see if they had it.
   I did perform at the comedy club tonight, I was the second one after the MC. A friend was the show closer, who will also be headlining this week. I felt as though my performance was a little off, hard to say as to why. But when I first saw the timelight I decided to leave, and this is not typical. I tried a few new jokes, including about the winter carnival like the Mozart birthday cake and about my baseball bedsheets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment