Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Feeding The Cat

  At the comedy club tonight one fellow comic was asking about my relationship, and said she was 'happy for me' and 'depressed' at the same time. I didn't know how to respond to this, when it's a mixed message. This is the southern girl who said she still isn't doing well with Internet dating. Then it ended with her saying she needed to go to the bathroom. I said it sounded like somebody saying they needed to feed their cat when the conversation isn't going well.
   It went well on doing some more new jokes tonight, such as one I thought of just before leaving for the show. It was due to watching 'The Middle' on ABC. The young boy on it has nervous tics, and likes to say 'Whoop'. It is somewhat comparable to me saying 'Ka' or 'Hut'. Also did one about the Grim Reaper pictures from the University last week.
   There wasn't too much notable about going back to work. I changed the calendar of course, now the Audubon Society calendar has a bald eagle for this month. And it meant submitting a monthly stat report and throwing out old records from October. I did find 'The Simpsons' quote online when the family was about to join the country club. It was a fun quote about 'her idea of wit' is the commonly accepted definition of wit, which made it even funnier. It was much like the one where Homer is an opera singer and has an obsessed fan, then says to her 'Now you understand you will never have the only one you could ever love' which is the storyline of 'Phantom of the Opera'. After I was at the comedy club, I did see most of one episode, a syndicated rerun. It was the one about con artists, which ended in a court case where the conmen- Bart and Homer- were conned.

No comments:

Post a Comment