Sunday, January 13, 2013

Milda's Cafe Minneapolis

   The day began with me watching the movie 'La Vie En Rose' on video. I was thankful I finally watched it, as I recall wanting to see it when it was at theaters in 2007. It was shown near my hotel in Seattle, where I was on vacation in August of that year. I like biographical movies, but at times this one was hard to watch. There was plenty of yelling and screaming in it, and drug problems as well as collapsing on stage. I liked hearing the title song as well as the one that I understand is french for 'I Regret Nothing'. I will admit it was easier to understand when showing her in America, in New York and Los Angeles, along with name dropping of 1950s famous people such as Marlon Brando, Ginger Rogers, and Charlie Chaplin.
   I checked my cellphone messages and saw one from a comedian friend, who did give me more information about a gig at a place in Minneapolis. I made it there in the afternoon, it was a diner known as Milda's Cafe. What made it easier to find was hearing it was near the International Market Square. The diner is closed on the weekends, explaining why it was available for filming. I was in one skit where I was a diner customer while my friend spoke to another customer. He turned him in to the police, then asked me how I felt about him framing a friend. I liked having this opportunity, I said in some ways it helped with a 'bucket list' item where I wanted to be a movie extra. A fire alarm caused a break in fiming, two fire trucks arrived but no fire was found. It was in a building shared with other businesses, so anything could have tripped it and not necessarily us as we weren't cooking anything. I got plenty of pictures of the place, as there was some artwork on the wall. I found some coins on the floor and put them in the tip jar. I was asked what my favorite 'Peanuts' character was, as it was known I am a big fan of the comic strip. I said it was Linus, and I was playing Linus to my friend's Charlie Brown. I like how Linus is intelligent and is a loyal friend to Charlie.
   I did get to my chores and errand running after the diner. I finally got some more points on my Walgreen loyalty card, by buying some yogurt bars near the checkout line. It is tough to go there and know what I really need usually doesn't get me any points there. I did one irregular thing after it, eat a dinner at a Dairy Queen. I like the Blizzard treats, and wanted to use a coupon since it was expiring soon.  I don't get their hot food much. I ended up getting a chili cheese dog and some fries so I didn't have to hunt around for another place for dinner, as it was getting kind of late by then. I had five items, and finished three there as I eat one Blizzard treat there and take the other home for a later day. Besides the other Blizzard, I took home the drink as I didn't want it to go to waste and I had barely drank from it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment