Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Translated Acronyms

  Near the end of my workday a senior leader showed up at my cubicle and asked for help with finding documents in the vault. It was rather simple finding them once I knew what was needed. I called them 'Roosevelts' as the acronym is 'FDR' and of course I majored in history. But I know in this case it doesn't mean 'Franklin Delano Roosevelt'. It seemed kind of ominous for why he wanted to know, as there was some mention of selling off accounts and this has happened before. But I do have the interview for another role on Thursday so it may not matter at all.
   When I was leaving the comedy club tonight one crowdmember said they had seen me perform at the 400 Bar in Minneapolis and how they liked my comedy. I liked hearing this, even said so. I got a fist bump from them. I wanted more than just beer tonight so I ended up having some cheese curds as there was no popcorn available. I was charged the happy hour prices, which was nice.
  I'm trying to read the novel 'On The Road' by Jack Kerouac before seeing the movie, and I just completed reading the introduction when riding the bus this morning. But I think I want to get more serious about reading it soon, like this weekend. The movie hasn't arrived in the Twin Cities yet but is expected to be here this month according to a postcard I picked up recently.
   I heard from a fellow delegate with the National Writers Union and she hasn't heard of much activity lately. I wanted to ask as I had seen a message about how the elections for the delegate assembly will be happening in the next few months. Since I liked being part of it before I would like to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment