Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Spencer, Iowa Native

   I like ordering items from E-bay as we all know. One of them just arrived, it was the Charlie Brown Around Town poster. It was just ordered this week, I like the quick shipment. In searching for these statues around the Twin Cities I have used some guides such as the booklet and original list of the final year, the Snoopy doghouses. I bought it new when I first moved to the area. Then more recently I bought a VHS tape of the original Snoopy series. I wanted to find a frame for it, much like some of my other art as I care about protecting my investment. I did get a frame right away, at a Walmart in the evening.
   I liked speaking with an Iowa native when eating lunch at Taco Bell in Eagan, he was from Spencer and we spoke about various subjects. Some was about movies but also about being from Iowa, and where this intersects does include the movie 'Final Season'. He said the South Clay pitcher was his wife's ex-husband.
   In the evening I went with my date to a restaurant inside the Holiday Inn in Minneapolis near the Metrodome. We were directed to the bar area as the main restaurant was closed. As we were there the big playoff game was on TV, Vikings-Packers. The Packers went on to win but we didn't see the entire game there. Wasn't sure at first who won the first game of the day, Bengals-Texans, but later found out the Texans won. Liked watching 'Life to the Max' after the late news on WCCO as there was three good features. One was about health programs in New Ulm, a favorite city of mine to visit. The others were about an island in Hawaii, and where the George Clooney movie 'Perfect Storm' was filmed, in Massachusetts. I knew 'The Simpsons' did a parody of 'Storm' as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment