Friday, January 25, 2013

Russian Woman on Bus

   When I was riding the bus home tonight, I heard another rider speak to someone. I could tell by her facial features and accent that she was likely Russian. She sounded much like a physician I know. After going to a large university and living in big cities, I am used to cosmopolitan environments and of course this means hearing various accents.
  I am watching a syndicated rerun of  'Big Bang Theory' and I really like this one. It was where Howard's mom refers to Sheldon as 'The skinny weirdo' after hearing Bernadette was getting a PHD, meaning howard was the only one in his circle of friends without a PHD. Then Raj's parents call on the webcam and ask about a tornado in Kansas City.
   After this I did watch the opener of 'Monk' as I wanted to see and hear the theme song, Randy Newman's 'It's a Jungle Out There'. It featured a magician and he was dealing with somebody who spoke through an interpreter, who said something about wanting the drugs to be shipped to the streets of San Francisco. I think this scene had a setting in Thailand.
   At lunchtime I did pick up some more points on my Walgreen loyalty card, as I am getting smarter as to what will earn any kind of points. I got two Hershey almond bars, which got me 100 points. I looked around at the Macy's liquidation sale but there was nothing I really wanted or needed right now. It would be nice to get another set of bedsheets but I want to see if the price drops some more, currently it is at 30% off. I liked getting my first look at the ice sculptures at the Winter Carnival at Rice Park, but some of them were still being worked on. I saw one sculptor with a chainsaw. Pictures will have to wait as I didn't bring my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment