Sunday, January 20, 2013

Outback Steakhouse in Roseville

   This evening I went to the Outback Steakhouse in Roseville and finally used my gift card. So I am now down to two, the Old Navy and JC Penney cards. I like the little loaves of bread they serve with the meal. I ended up having two of these loaves with my date. I had their fish and chips, but it was odd how I needed to ask for ketchup for the fries. I am used to seeing it on the table in squeeze bottles without having to ask for it. I was given some in a little stoneware cup, but it proved to be enough for the fries I had. It was likely the first time I had eaten fish and chips since I had been in Great Britain in June.
   We did watch some of the NFL playoff games, but it was mostly the first one, 49ers-Falcons. Even though the game was in Atlanta, and the Falcons led at the half, the 49ers found a way to win. We saw very little of the second game, Ravens-Patriots from Foxboro, MA. The Ravens won, so both of the road teams won which is not typical in the conference championships. The Super Bowl will be in two weeks, in New Orleans.
   I did check E-bay to see what there was available for Stan Musial books, and I found one that was a paperback 'pocket book', for $6 Canadian. It appears to have been published in 1961, so this was when he was still an active player but nearing the end of his career. The exchange rate is comparable at this point between the Canadian and American dollar. It should be arriving in about a week, which is customary for E-bay orders though some take even longer. As expected, I needed to refine my search. When just entering his name I had over 9,000 hits. But adding 'books' this narrowed it down real well, to just over 200. Some of these still were 'dummy hits' looking more like baseball cards than books. Some copies of the same book had a much higher asking price, but the value tends to be higher if signed by the author or the subject of the book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment