Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kneeling On The Ice

    At lunchtime I went out for some bridge walks, and I got both done which is rare but I gave myself enough time for it. As I was about to cross the street to start the first bridge I ended up kneeling on the ice as I felt myself slipping. Thankfully this is all that happened. But I was going slow so it was less likely that I would end up falling.
   I like to check my emails as close as possible. This included the one from broadway, as I did see a play there in 2005, 'Rent'. Previously the Charlie Chaplin biography interested me, but I don't see it listed now. This still leaves three others: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sleepy Hollow, and Motown. Though I have to admit how I have no immediate plans to visit New York City.
   In the breakroom at work in the afternoon I was there briefly and noticed on one news outlet there was a clip from 'Family Guy'. It didn't take long to recognize the gag. It was a double joke, about the Lindbergh baby and Amelia Earhart. In it the baby is flushed down the toilet accidentally. I haven't seen it much before, but I know I didn't care for them making fun of Michael J. Fox having Parkinson's disease. At work I had no idea speaking to one colleague about music would eventually lead to discussing politics, and I got bored and annoyed quickly. I don't enjoy somebody who lives in the past and plays devil's advocate. This is especially true when I know history way better, having majored in it. I did my best to hide how annoyed I was getting.
  On the bus after work I heard somebody speak of 'crystal and trees', I took it as methamphetamine and marijuana. He said he doesn't do the former but does the latter. He was helping somebody who was on a wheelchair. Then he often spoke of relatives who had died, and claims one of them was a victim of Jeffrey Dahmer. Usually entertaining to ride the bus home.
   At the comedy club tonight, a friend showed up unexpectedly as I was thinking he would be at another club where he's the headliner. Liked seeing the 'Magic Man' for the first time in a while. Finally remembered to bring my camera so I could do a picture with a fellow comic and add it to my 'ring of honor' and the Facebook page. Five were taken, I have narrowed it to three but will pick just one. I believe in quality, especially when there is limited space.
   I had an odd dream, it was about 'change it to a used item' since Dick Enberg grew up in a working class family. This is my favorite announcer, the 'Oh My' guy. I know he was on my mind since I had just seen 'Mr. 3000' and Enberg was in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment