Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cretin Derham Hall vs. Park hockey

    I went to Schulz Arena in St. Paul's Highland Park neighborhood for a hockey game tonight. Cretin Derham Hall beat Park 7-2. It was 1-1 after one session and 4-1 after the second. Cretin got 3 goals in the first five minutes of the 2nd, two of them on power plays. Park finally got another goal in the third, but it took a power play with a two-man advantage. I liked doing 'chuck the puck' during the second intermission, it was just a dollar. I try to see a game here annually as I can see the Snoopy statue inside. It meant giving up seeing the first-run episode of 'Big Bang Theory', but I did watch a syndicated rerun before leaving. It was the one where Leonard called Sheldon's mom as Sheldon needed to apologize to get his job back at the university.
   There was an early meeting at work about the company survey. I was ready to take notes, but I ended up writing 'A whole lot of nothing' in my notebook. It meant losing some valuable time on getting the payoff report done, but I had it submitted before leaving for lunchtime. I liked getting some walking done during lunch, though not all of it was outside. There was an art sale, but I bought nothing. It still was nice to see what was available. There were plenty of artworks of famous people like John Wayne.
   On Facebook I saw a posting about the top comedians in Chicago. The list writer said the 'Top Ten', but all of the listings happened to be Jim Belushi. So my response in the comment thread was 'Okay I get it, he likes Belushi'. The 'Simpsons' syndicated rerun was the one where Marge joined the 'Red hat gang' of women and stole from Burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment