Saturday, January 12, 2013

VFW South St. Paul

   I wanted to make it to the VFW in South St. Paul for a swap meet. It was for St. Paul Winter Carnival items. We made it, but we arrived just as it was closing up. It was my first time at this particular venue. It was hard to get around in time when we had too much errand running on our plate. This included wanting to go to the Godfather's Pizza in Burnsville to get double points on the loyalty card. I can still try an antique shop on the East Side if there are more buttons I want, or E-bay as well. But we all know I prefer shopping in person, taking care of the shipping myself.
  I am thrilled to find out about a Charlie Brown exhibit in Chicago, and I will have to find a way there soon as it closes next month. It is at the Science and Industry Museum. I saw the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, CA, but it was back in 2004.
   I went to a friend's comedy show in Minneapolis tonight. We went to the later show, figured it would be an easier ticket. Upon arrival the manager said there were just four seats left in this club, so we chose the two up front. I like supporting my friends at their comedy shows when I can. I did know many of the performers, no surprise there when I am at the open-mic shows regularly. I heard about the show due to a Facebook invite, and I hear about many shows this way. In fact I had a message waiting for me asking if I wanted to be in a show this weekend, I said yes but needed to know the when and where.
   We did try to watch some of the NFL playoff games before heading for the show. The first game, Ravens-Broncos, went into double overtime, which is rare. The Ravens won on a field goal less than two minutes into the second overtime. They rallied to tie it in the last two minutes of regulation, I said it was about to become academic but then the Ravens tried a long pass play and it worked. I could hear the signal calls from Bronco QB Peyton Manning in this game, noticing he said 'hurry hurry' often right before the ball was snapped. The other game was Packers-49ers, we saw even less of it but I know the 49ers won. Then there's two more games tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment