Monday, January 7, 2013

Faygo Soda Pop

   I was riding the bus home tonight and a woman asked me what stop that a grocery store was on, saying she needed to pick up an order that was waiting. She said the grocery store had some brands that she couldn't find in other places, like 'Jiffy' baking mix and Faygo soda pop. I said I had seen Faygo some but not much, I knew it is from Detroit. Then I spoke of how it was in a Youtube video I like, which is part of the background for the John Rich song 'Shutting Detroit Down'. This was when the music group Insane Clown Posse was drinking the soda pop. There were many Michigan musicians in this homemade video, including Eminem, one of my favorites. I ended up watching this video again when I got home.
   I kept experiencing 'micro sleep' inside the comedy club tonight, but I know this can happen when I'm tired and they dim the lights. Another comic said he knows it can get warm enough in there when one is so comfortable that they can fall asleep, which may also be a factor. There was another event being promoted before the show began, another movie. It is called 'A Haunted House' and will premiere on friday, Cedric the Entertainer is one of the actors in it. I am used to them promoting movies there, as I already had posters for 'The Campaign', along with 'Horrible Bosses'. Also got a card for 'Think Like a Man'. Of these three, I saw just one of them at theaters, 'Man'. But I was willing to try the other two on video from redbox. so I will likely see this one as well at some point.
What helped me of course was getting up and walking around a little, which is what I did near the end of the night, when there was two comics left. I spoke with a fellow comic in the bar section, sounds like he will be attending the Twins fanfest at the end of the month. We spoke at length for a while, I was asked how my holiday went. I said I liked the movie 'Silver Linings Playbook' when asked about it. And how I like both baseball and football, it helps how I was equipment manager on my high school's football team. I had seen him outside the stadium before one of the Twins baseball games last season. He said he had done a show in Omaha, and I said I had fond memories visiting there for the College World Series. I made it there six times for the opener but haven't been there the past two years, it would be nice to make it back. Then he said he had a show coming up in Missouri, sounded like the college town of Columbia. I said I liked visiting Chicago and St. Louis annually, and I have seen comedy shows in both cities. He did a joke about his fiancee's pet rat. I know he has done jokes about here before, like the one about her being an aggressive cuddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment