Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sportswriter Question

   I went to the Twins Fanfest at the Metrodome in Minneapolis earlier today. As usual it was fun to be there as I am an avid baseball fan. I had a question for the sportswriters, this included Lavelle Neal from the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Had any of them done journalism work besides sports? They had, but it was often in politics, and they enjoyed sportswriting way more. One of them spoke of being in court to cover the McCourt divorce, which led to the Dodgers being sold. I got the typical things like coupons, and I need to use them this time. All too often before I forgot about having a Dairy Queen coupon, and they expire fairly quickly, in about two months. It means taking it out of the bag it was in and putting it in the envelope next to my other coupons and gift cards. It was nice to get some cheap souvenirs like baseball cards, a postcard, and a Stan Musial photo print. All of these items cost me less than five dollars total. The food and drink at the event-a hot dog and a bottle of Sierra Mist- cost more. But I am used to paying quite a bit for food and drink at these kinds of events.
   After the event I saw a mural with Charlie Brown and Lucy on it, also in Minneapolis, near a Swedish shop on Lake Street. I got a picture of it to go with the ones from the Fanfest.
   In the evening I watched a DVD with my date, another baseball movie, 'Mr. 3000'. I had seen it before but it had been a while. I was pleased that Dick Enberg is in it, essentially playing himself, a sports journalist. I watched the opening of Saturday Night Live, there was a skit about Rosetta Stone. I spotted the joke right away, about learning a language so a pervert could do his thing in Thailand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment