Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mozart Birthday Cake

   I went to the St. Paul Winter Carnival with my date in the afternoon after finding a Snoopy statue. I liked seeing the ice sculptures as usual, got five pictures of them. I also ate some of the Famous Dave's BBQ since they had a tent set up near the Landmark Center. Inside the Landmark Center they had some groups doing Mozart music. First, it was a string quartet and then a much bigger orchestra. I liked having some of the birthday cake after it was done. It was the reason I went as I liked hearing about it in the schedule of events that came with the button. One memorable thing was seeing a girl crawling around on the floor, seemed to be too old for that, looked like she was 7 or 8. The thing I was thinking after seeing it was the parents should give her a coloring book or electronic device to keep her occupied. Plenty of snow fell while inside listening to the music. I was thankful for some help along the way from a total stranger who picked up my Winter Carnival button, I said 'thank you' probably more than once. But I really felt this way as I didn't want to have to buy another one. It was pinned to my coat, after this I decided to pin it to my sweatshirt.
   I got the laundry done in the early evening and I liked seeing the work what was being done at the laundromat. There was 'Wet Paint' signs up and a door was installed between sections, showing they care enough to remodel and upgrade the place. I had the place to myself for most of the time I was there. After putting clothes in the washer, I went across the street to a grocery store to get a Little Debbie treat and a drink. I got two 'Little Hugs' which were drinks in little plastic barrel-shaped containers. They were three for a dollar, and it was five cents tax, apparently not a food item. I chose a blueberry and fruit punch flavor. I recall having 'Big Hugs' from Walmart when I was younger, I would like to think these were made by the same company.
   I had heard how Ashton Kutcher apparently will be playing Steve Jobs in a biopic, and I had to check IMDB for previous biopics about Jobs. There was one, called 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' from 1999, made for TV. It had Noah Wyle from TV's 'ER' as Jobs and Anthony Michael Hall from the first 'Vacation' movie as Bill Gates. If Kutcher is playing Jobs my guess is this will be a movie released to theaters and not just made for TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment