Monday, January 28, 2013

Comical Mechanic

  When I was at the comedy club tonight, a fellow comic took interest in how I take my car to Jiffy Lube for oil changes as he had worked there before. He said another comic would be able to do some work on my car if I needed it. But I was informed he was not there to inquire further about it.
   There was a conference call at work in the afternoon, I liked being a part of it. I did bring up some valid issues in the workplace. These included the lack of cross training, communication about the boss being on leave, and HR reps being off-site. Not sure how I qualified for the forum, I just did the conference call from my cubicle. It may have been 'at random', I have heard this one before. There were some from other offices like suburban Atlanta.
   Many things are comical, when one thinks about it. I at times get surprised as to what can trigger certain memories that were long buried. In this case it was some reading worksheets in elementary school, and one of them was titled 'comical canine'. the answer ended up being 'Snoopy'. Another worksheet had the answers as characters from the TV show 'Happy Days', like Potsie.
   When I think about it, this is a notable anniversary day. On this date in 1986 the space shuttle blew up. That is how it was announced to us when we were in school. All I recall was right before it we were mixing something in a bowl and somebody tried to make a joke about me being Mr. Belvedere, which was a popular TV show at the time. I late had  classmate tell me he was home ill that day and ended up recording much of the news coverage onto a VHS tape. There was even an episode of 'Punky Brewster' where the teacher had a former astronaut on it telling kids not to be discouraged about the space program because of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment