Monday, January 21, 2013

Campbell's 'Soup at Hand'

    I wanted to try a new concept on soup, and this was Campbell's 'soup at hand'. I am used to soup being in cans, this one was not. It says 'just heat and sip'. Along with 'm'm! m'm! good! to go'. I got New England Clam Chowder. It also says on the label that it's great tasting sippable soup, anytime, anywhere. Just microwave, snap on the sipping lid, and go. While I have had drinks in go-cups before, I'm thinking I prefer having soup a different way. This explains why I went back to buying it in cans after trying this once. I kept the empty container in the sink for a while saying I wanted to write about it at some point. Guess I was waiting for a day when I was running low on ideas. This day seemed to fit the bill as I had the day off for the holiday.
  I did wake up close to the normal time, compared to when I'm up for work. Then I said I wanted to get caught up on chores first. And when it was subzero outside I wanted to delay going outside for as long as possible. So this meant doing dishes and getting the trash and recycle ready. Then I went outside but I was quick about it of course.
   When I returned I decided to research some things online, and I was pleased to find out how the miles from an in-house survey for American Airlines last month finally posted. It may have been just 500 miles, same as when I redeem from answering surveys at E-rewards, but every little bit helps. Almost forgot about doing the survey, as they were slow to post the miles, slower than Delta is. I still have about 2,000 miles to go before I am eligible for any kind of award ticket. Next was finding out about the opening act for Pink when I see the concert in two months. It is City and Colour, a Canadian whose real name is Dallas Green, haven't heard of this music act before. But opening acts mean very little to me usually, as that is not why I choose to attend most concerts. I wanted to check the bus and light rail schedules so I could have lunch with my date in downtown Minneapolis. I made the connections just fine, arriving just a few minutes after the noonbell.
   I ended up sharing more of my findings while we had Chinese food. This included finding out more about a Jackie Robinson biopic scheduled for release in April, titled '42'. Harrison Ford, according to IMDB, will be playing Branch Rickey, who signed Jackie to play for the Dodgers. It was filmed at Rickwood Field in Birmingham, Alabama, a stadium I've heard of before but haven't seen in person. There was mention of a previous Jackie Robinson biopic, where he played himself in 1950.
   Other findings were also about baseball, the anticipation for the season is one thing that keeps me going on these brutally cold days. I shared my findings of various Stan Musial items available on E-bay, and how I had just bought a Musial paperback book. There was some mention on the Cardinals website about remembrances of Musial at the 'Cards Winter Warmup', which is an off-season fan convention apparently. I would expect it to be comparable to what the Minnesota Twins have, known officially as 'Twinsfest' but I call it the 'Twins Fanfest'. The 'Warmup' is held at a hotel in downtown St. Louis, just a few blocks from the stadium. It looks like there were already plans for honoring Musial this season, though these events will take on more meaning now. There are two giveaway events with a Musial theme, first a harmonica giveaway in April and the other a statue replica in July.
  Due to the weather, I decided to stay home and not venture out to the comedy club tonight. I wanted to get caught up on some reading, and read all of the papers I had from december. This included a Thursday in with the 4 Fridays, bought it by accident as I wasn't paying attention to what was stocked in the coin rack. It was Thursday December 20. I like reading each section, except the classifieds. There were some good articles about redevelopment plans for real estate, renovating the former Schmidt Brewery in St. Paul and the Ceresota Building in Minneapolis. In business, there was mention of how it would no longer be 'Government Motors' as the federal government planned on selling its stake in General Motors. They originally invested in the bailout of 2008-2009. In the editorial section, there was support for having John Kerry to succeed Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, along with an argument against federalizing voter registration. It was said that each time voting restrictions were taken away, the result was the voter turnout declined. Apathy is way too prevalent in many things in life. I liked reading the funny columnist as usual, who had columns about cows with a hacking cough, snow ordinances, Mayan calendars, and Twitter seats at plays. Another notable thing was about ex-Pres. Clinton, who will be honored with the EPA building in D.C. being named for him.
    I watched Jay Leno tonight, appeared to be a rerun based on the post-election jokes. There was an interview with Sally Field, about her role in 'Lincoln' as Mary Todd. I liked hearing them play 'Shouting The Battle Cry of Freedom' when she appeared, as I recognized it as being a Civil War song. Wanted to hear it again, so I found it on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment