Sunday, September 1, 2013

Stacy Keach As Martin Luther

   I got two movies from the library this weekend. I watched one of them this morning. It was Stacy Keach in 'Luther', with the lead role as religious reformer Martin Luther. Judi Dench played his wife, the ex-nun, who I know of course from the James Bond movies. I watched all of the special features as well, it included a bio of playwright John Osborne. The movie was based on his play. Another play he did was called 'Look Back In Anger', which reminded me of an Oasis song called 'Don't Look Back In Anger'. There was also mention of praying to certain saints, one of these was St. Valentine, for help with epilepsy. I was just familiar with this being the patron saint of love.
   In the afternoon I did make it to Minnehaha Depot inside a Minneapolis park. I knew the season was ending since it is Labor Day weekend. There was free admission, some nice displays on the walls inside, and a toy train operating as well. I bought 5 postcards for a dollar. I got an ice cream sandwich across the street since an ice cream truck was parked there, it was Wells Blue Bunny- and Tweety bird was depicted on the side as well.
   In the evening I went to the St. Paul Saints baseball game, they lost to Sioux City 2-1. The Saints led 1-0 for a while, then there was two throwing errors on the same play after the hitter got a bunt down and it tied the score. A solo home run was added in the 9th. I spotted two comedian friends there, one was in the crowd and trying to find his seat. The other was part of the between innings entertainment.       

No comments:

Post a Comment