Sunday, September 15, 2013

Booya At St. Jerome's Church

    This was another eventful day for me. I had another first date, at a Caribou coffee shop. I am hopeful that there will be a second date in the near future. Then at midday I went to St. Jerome's Church and School and had my first taste of 'Booya'. It tasted good, seemed to be a lot like vegetable beef soup to me. Some of the people there kept telling me it was the best booya around. I had some popcorn as well, and a peanut butter cookie.
   I had been following the Bears-Vikings game on the radio on the way to this event at St. Jerome's. It was also on TV at the event. When I got home, it was nearly halftime. I went inside my home after the first half ended, listening to the rest of the half on my car radio. The Bears scored a late TD to win, 31-30. After the game was over I had to get on the road and return the jester costume to the shop in West St. Paul. Then it was on to Walgreen, and I got 95 pictures onto a CD. I added 40 of them to my Facebook page. The ones I added went as far back as January, with the diner skits. And it did
include some from this weekend, in the jester costume and a sign from the booya event. Already got a comment about one of them, when I visited my hometown of Newton, Iowa in June. It was the 'old lonely' statue at Maytag Park.
   I added the pictures after I got back from doing laundry. It looks like they've done plenty of renovation at the Laundromat I go to. They gave up some of the real estate, and their new neighbor will be a furniture consignment shop. I know this is often the easiest way to save money when doing business- see about cutting back on real estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment