Friday, September 27, 2013

Chess After Comedy Show

    I went to a comedy show tonight, and the show runner was playing chess outside the venue after the show. A game had just finished, I was offered a chance to be next but turned it down. I was tired and needed to go home, and I hadn't played in a while either.
   A memorable thing about this show was the closer, who does the 'I am finally happy meal' joke. he was taking requests from crowd members, and told some of them to shut up. I requested this one, and he said it was a joke he actually does. so he did it for me and we shook hands after the show as I was leaving. I have done this with other comics. If I really like a joke I tell them, and request it. I am still aware, though, how they must try out new material fairly regularly to avoid being considered a one-trick pony.
   I am still trying to find out when the rehearsal is this weekend, and I did leave a message on Facebook saying I was going to this show in case any of them from this troupe would be there, but they weren't. I gave them my cellphone number in the message as I said I mainly check Facebook when at home. this was in response to hearing how one of them is out of town, and deferred to others. My 'Bestie', that is. Since he was doing a show in Appleton, WI, but I haven't been there yet.    

No comments:

Post a Comment