Friday, September 13, 2013

Prime Rib Tacos At Lunchtime

   There are food events every so often at my workplace, and today it was tacos since we did well on the backpack drive. One kind offered was prime rib, another was a spicy meat with mushrooms. I heard 'Mushrooms' and figured I would like it, but think I was told it would be spicy. So I took out the peppers and this made it easier to eat.
   After watching a 'Monk' rerun in the evening I went to get an ice cream sandwich. Also bought a single slice of Spam as those are tasty. It was a good episode, where Monk has amnesia and I think is in Wyoming if I'm not mistaken. He helps solve a crime and then his colleagues from San Francisco finally find him.
   I made it to the comedy club in the evening, and heard the IED/IUD joke early on. But I was tired so I needed to get up and move around a little. Eventually I changed my seat to one in the back where it was less obvious to the performers how tired I was. Some had left before the end of the show so there were more seats to choose from by then.
   There was a firestorm of comments on Facebook where a new comic picked a fight with the show runner at one of the clubs I frequent. We were advised to read the original posting and I said I am with the show runner. Comedy isn't easy, same as any other job in entertainment. The new comic claims he was bullied, but this does not appear to be true. This new comic is not a Facebook friend, and I have no plans whatsoever of adding this whiner either. Another comic did do a posting about it, at first I didn't understand what it was referring to. But it did refer to the show runner as 'One of the 3 or 4 most respected comics in the area' which we know is true. And alienating someone with some
influence is a bad idea. I did recall how the show runner had 'outed' somebody before for not paying comics, and he was one of the few who would be listened to about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment