Thursday, September 12, 2013

Spaceship Appeared In Cornfield

    I went to the annual event at The Loft in Minneapolis tonight. I am a member there as I have taken writing classes there. We were asked to help with a writing exercise, the first sentence was given and there were five more to write. When done with one sentence, we got another form to continue with.
We were given one minute per sentence. The final one I was given was one which said 'Suddenly, a spaceship appeared in a cornfield'. I said 'And everyone got into it'.
  The food was the typical fare that one sees at these kinds of gatherings. There was plenty of cheese and crackers, vegetables, and fruit. I really like the cheese, I kept going back for more of it. The pineapple slices and grapes were good as well. I found out my literary punch card was no longer active, so I said it will be going into my binder full of business cards as these items still are nice souvenirs. I had just 4 punches on it out of 12. The final speaker was a little girl presenting her book about how to make friends. It ended with 'All I had to be was me.' The next book apparently is 'Mr. Stashe gets married'.
  In other issues, I learned tonight on Facebook how one of my comedian friends is getting divorced. Same one who did the Facebook wedding that I enjoyed so much. I was stunned to hear this. But it sounds like they are parting as friends. I said it was kind of sad how they had to remind people how it wasn't a joke. But one is a comedian, and this means they know plenty of comedians.

No comments:

Post a Comment