Monday, September 9, 2013

'Wake Me Up' By Avicii

   There was a song I heard again recently I really like. I found out it is called 'Wake me up' by Avicii. The Wikipedia page said it was a Swedish DJ. The lyrics really resonate, like 'Wake me up when it's over' which reminds me of Green Day's 'Wake me up when September ends'. Then there's 'I was finding myself and didn't know I was lost'. I like the contrast there. The Youtube video I found had the setting mostly as a small town or rural area, which is familiar as this is how and where I grew up. It seemed to suggest how the main characters didn't fit in there, and finally found their way to a concert where many of the concertgoers had the same tattoo. So of course they found where they did fit in. The tattoo I would like to think was the logo for the music act.
   At the comedy club tonight my 'Bestie' was there and he did expand on the 'Slowpoke' joke. It now includes what his future bride witnesses as a teacher. There was also some impromptu dancing filmed outside the venue, though no music was played while filming. We were told that it was an audition tape for the 'Ellen' show, which I haven't seen at all. There were two camera operators, I asked which one counted and was told both of them did. It looked like at least one of these camera operators ended up going onstage tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment