Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Show Ended Early

    I went to the comedy club tonight and the show ended early, shortly after I arrived. The MC did a few minutes and that was it. I hadn't seen this happen before, at least at this club, and this early as well. I had ordered a beer, I said I was going to finish it before I left and I did.
   Since it was just after a holiday, there was some mail but very little was important. It was nice to get one of my E-bay orders, the World's Fair postcard. It was in a pink envelope, I don't see those too often. This would be the 9th postcard from the Chicago 1933 World's Fair. The postcard depicts some murals from the General Electric display. It was a black and white card, but most of them, even in this era, are in color. I had passed over this one before, as there aren't as many GE postcards online from this fair. I wanted to see a bigger 'meatball' logo as well, and there wasn't, but it did say 'Steinmetz' and I knew this was a chairman of the company.
   At work I had to say something was not found as it was delivered earlier, in mid-July, but was lost. It is annoying that we are still dealing with this. I would likely lose my job if I was guilty of losing active files.

No comments:

Post a Comment