Monday, September 2, 2013

Tabloid Movie, Joyce McKinney

    I watched the second of two DVD's from the library today. It was the documentary called 'Tabloid'. It was about a woman who tried to bring her man back from a Mormon mission in Great Britain in the 1970s.  Then it covered how she cloned a dog in South Korea. I don't think I had heard of such an odd story as Joyce McKinney's. I returned both movies today, my first stop on my list for errand running.
  Then it was on to Savers in Maplewood, as there was a flyer from the St. Paul Saints game the previous day about Labor Day deals. I did find some good books, the complete set of Charlie Brown dictionaries. There were two editions, this was the red-letter, 6 books. The other was black-letter, 8 books, and I have just the 1st of 8. There are some other differences, as there is more words covered, more pictures, and state flags as well. I also got a photo album, which led to the next project I did at home.
   I noticed the slots were too small for the postcards, so I put the remaining photos in them. It tailed off after October 2011, as eventually after getting my current digital camera I felt less of a need to have each picture printed as long it was on the memory card.
   In the evening I went out to eat the Super-America special, then on to Target for another photo album. They didn't quite have the type I wanted, that is: one where it was under $10 and the postcards fit well, so I went to the Walmart nearby. It meant getting an album where it was one card per page, but I have done this before. I also spent the rest of the evening re-arranging the postcards, trying to group them more by region or state. I did fairly well, but I'm not finished yet. It may lead to destroying a few if I feel the need to, as I know space in an album is at a premium and I do prefer high quality with each slot. I am mostly caught up on getting postcards from recent travels- especially the ones from South Dakota last month- into an album. It was mainly about finding one for that trip as there was about 40. Then I reminded myself how there was five that survived my 1987 visit, so it meant moving them over with the others. It really was a 'domino effect' as I ended up looking at all of the albums, now 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment