Monday, September 30, 2013

Applause By Lady Gaga

I found some online articles about the song 'Applause' by Lady Gaga. It helped to read an analysis of the lyrics, as it is about being famous, an artist, and dealing with critics. As expected, I needed time to get used to it. Also listened to it on Youtube. Since I do comedy I understand how one must do the art for themselves and not pay attention to any 'Haters' if at all possible. Clever lyrics in it, like 'Some of us just like to read'. I really like the hook 'Give me the thing that I love' as it is sung with real passion and speed. Hard to say how it compares to Gaga's other songs, they're all pretty good.
    I saw a video on Facebook of my performance from the night before, upside down and on a camera phone. It was called 'Me vs. the fire alarm' and I asked if it was anything like Snoopy vs. The Red Baron. Will have to find out if it will be posted on Youtube.
    It was nice to hear how a dear friend of mine now has a journalism gig in Florida, found out on Linked-In. I sent my congrats.
    I was onstage tonight at the comedy club, spoke of it being my 5-year comedy anniversary this month, and how 2 funerals and a wedding got me into comedy.               

No comments:

Post a Comment