Friday, September 6, 2013

South St. Paul vs. Henry Sibley Football Game

   I went to a high school football game tonight. South St. Paul was home against Henry Sibley, and South St. Paul won 28-6. The halftime score was 21-6. It proves the statistic I have seen many times before- how the team leading at halftime usually wins. The SSP Packers never trailed in this one. I arrived shortly after the game began, Sibley was on offense first and then punted. The Packers returned the punt for a touchdown and went up 7-0. Sibley narrowed it to 7-6, missing the extra point. Then it was 13-6 and 21-6. SSP missed an extra point and then made a two-point conversion. As expected, the winning team had no real problem moving the ball. I did my best to take notes while there. I wrote 'player down' 5 times, 2 of these were Sibley. Not sure why, other than it was warm and it appeared to be leg cramps on a few. South St. Paul was intercepted in the 3rd quarter, but of course they were up by 2 TDs by then.
    At halftime I bought a ticket for a breakfast the next day, supporting another athletic team at this school- girl's tennis. Because I like waffles, and then I don't have to cook for myself. It's another reason to get out in the morning.
   At work the repairman for the copier was there for a while, even when I left in the early evening but it sounded like he wasn't going to stay that long after my departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment