Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dented Can Of Hormel Chili

    This evening I thought about going out to eat with one of my gift cards. But I reminded myself how I get cranky when I hear there is a long wait for a table. So I stayed in and had a can of chili, a dented can of Hormel. It was a nice reminder of having it often when I was young. It was also an excuse to use the stove again, heating it in a pan on the stove top. I usually fire up the microwave oven for what I am cooking. And the stove is all too often just where I place my bag after going grocery shopping. I had to check when I went grocery shopping tonight what this can of chili is at full price. Found out I got a really good deal, at a dollar. The full price is just over two dollars.
   In the afternoon I went to the library to print things. The computer was blinking out after I had been there for nearly an hour, so I left as I was basically finished anyway. There was a message attached to it when I chose it, the only one available at the time. It said 'Use at your own risk, (due to a ) loose connection'.    
   Then it was on to Old Navy to use up my gift card, which had just three dollars left on it. So I bought two pairs of socks, and the card took care of just over half of it. Now I am down to two cards, both for restaurants. The cashier was a Muslim girl who noticed my Eminem shirt and said she liked his music. I said I had seen him in concert at Madison Square Garden in 2005. I liked finding out how we had this in common, when on paper it might appear that we wouldn't have much in common. I have said this before- we should care more about what unites us, not what divides us.
   I decided to re-activate my E-harmony membership, since I was getting emails about the good deals on membership fees. It was almost like they knew that my relationship had ended last month, as it was only recently that I was getting these messages again. It also meant adding some more photos, including the one in a jester costume from last week's renaissance festival visit. But at first it wasn't approved, since it wasn't straight up and down. Eventually I went to Facebook, where it is posted, and this finally worked. Though the only way to do so was to make it my profile photo on Facebook, as E-harmony only looked at the first 25 in the album. I have already received plenty of likes for this photo, and I explained why I added it. Based on this I may want to keep it around for a while. It displaced the one from the class reunion last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment