Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow As Sylvia Plath

    I saw a video this morning, 'Sylvia', a biopic about Sylvia Plath, the writer, starring Gwyneth Paltrow. I liked how James Bond actor Daniel Craig played her husband, Ted Hughes. It was a sad story, but I kind of already knew Sylvia's story was a sad one. She committed suicide shortly after the Bell Jar was published, a book I do have in my collection. Gwyneth's real-life mom, Blythe Danner, was also in it. I liked seeing a preview on this video, it was of Bill Murray in 'Lost In Translation'. Still haven't seen it yet, I know it has been out for a while.
   I went to the Iowa/Minnesota football game today, Iowa won 23-7 after leading 17-0 at the half. I took light rail into the game to avoid traffic and the parking fees. This worked really well, as I stepped off the light rail at the Metrodome and the city bus taking us the rest of the way to the university was adjacent. Didn't want to walk all the way over there in the rain. it saved me time, had more of a chance to eat before going inside the stadium, ate at Jimmy John's. After the game I did walk back over to the Dome, and on the way I stopped at Bobby and Steve's to have a little Godfather's Pizza. When waiting for a train before the game I turned a crank at the Fort Snelling stop and it had a video of a 'fancy' comic I recognized, making a joke about doing the traffic report in Fargo-Moorhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment