Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sylvia Plath Quote

    I was going through plenty of Facebook postings and liked one I saw from Milkweed Editions, a publishing company in the same building as The Loft in Minneapolis. There was a quote by Sylvia Plath on the posting. 'Perhaps someday I will crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of my sorrow'.
   I liked it as it applies to not just writing, but also comedy. I even said so when I commented about it. The quote really resonates with me due to the recent events- hearing my first date 'Wasn't ready yet'. I had said before how as long as I am alive and paying attention, I can and probably will find inspiration for my writing and comedy pursuits.
   I did do a follow-up posting, thanking my friends for their kind words. After reading some online advice articles, I had an idea of changing my approach in dating. I hate job interviews, and tend to feel how dates are much like them. I am more comfortable with comedy, so thinking of dates as a 'Comedy show for one' is a better idea.
    After watching the prime time episode of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight I did take a walk around the neighborhood. I ended up with 7 pull-tabs for Ronald McDonald house. I took a grocery cart back to the store as well.
   Also notable was in the morning, I went to have an Egg McMuffin sandwich as McDonald's and was given two hash browns. I ate one then and saved the other for the evening meal, a good supplement for the TV dinner. At midday I had lunch with a colleague, first time she heard about my relationship ending. We went to a sandwich place on the first floor of our building, I had a Rachel as I said I like Reubens and found out the main difference is the meat. The place wanted to know what would get me to eat there more often, I said I like loyalty programs and it sounds like they don't have one currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment