Sunday, September 22, 2013

Twenty Feet From Stardom

   I went to a movie this afternoon, saw a documentary called 'Twenty feet from stardom'. It was fine in some places, but it had some lulls as well. It was nice how it ended on a high note, with an induction in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I liked some of the previews as well, like another music documentary, called Muscle Shoals. And a comedy documentary, When Comedy Went To School. I saw it in Edina, and there was art nearby and I voted for the one of a jester. Also picked up some supplies at the nearby Walgreen. Then it was on to use up a 2 for 1 Dairy Queen Blizzard coupon. As usual, one of them I chose was the flavor of the month.
    Before leaving for the movie, there were some group members wearing red shirts who greeted me and said that Jesus loves me. I said I was fine with them as long as they weren't those confrontational Kirk Cameron types. I was thinking of this as I recently saw a DVD I was given at the Jesse James festival in Northfield. It was sold as a John Lennon movie, but it was eventually revealed to be from the Kirk Cameron group. They are anti-abortion, and tried to compare Roe v. Wade to the Nazi holocaust in World War 2. I ate the microwave popcorn that came with it and destroyed the DVD as I don't value it at all.
   After I got back, I watched the Bears-Steelers Sunday night football game, Bears won 40-23. I finished making a list of the books in one bookcase, no surprise what was there. I have 3 from the 'Don't know much' series: about history, anything else, and the Civil War.     

No comments:

Post a Comment