Saturday, September 14, 2013

Istanbul Not Constantinople

     I made a return visit to the Renaissance Festival this afternoon. But first, I had to go to a costume shop as I wanted to rent a jester costume. I got one with no bells on it, much less noisy. It was red and black, much like my school colors. The traffic outside the venue slowed to a crawl, after going at a good clip for most of the way. When I went inside I did see another jester there, same colors as me, but with bells. I did introduce myself but he didn't say much to me. He was waiting in line to do the 'Jacob's Ladder' challenge. I did dance with a courtly dance troupe this time. It was nice to get a few comments about my outfit, including finding a jester doll/music box shop shortly after I arrived.
But it rained so I had to cover up the outfit. Near the end of my time there I heard some musicians inside a bar performing 'Istanbul' by They Might Be Giants. It reminded me of a 'Simpsons' episode, since there was one episode that ended with this song. I took the jester hat off as I didn't want it to get wet, and reached inside my coat pocket and noticed a winter hat was in there. So I put it on and was still protected well enough from the weather.
   The traffic did lead to me hearing plenty of music on my car radio. This included 'Let Her Go' by Passenger, and 'Summertime Sadness' by Lana Del Rey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment