Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Call Me By Blondie

   We did the Wii dancing at work today, and as usual I liked the music played. It included 'Viva Las Vegas', along with 'Iko Iko'. I know there are multiple versions of the latter song, some are called 'Ika Ika'- which was in the movie 'Rain Man'. Also liked dancing to 'SOS' by Rihanna, and 'Call Me' by Blondie. I liked the use of French in Blondie's song. I know other musicians have done this for contrast. ELO did it, and so has Lady Gaga. They are singing the same words, but in French. I know 'Appelle-Moi' is literally 'My name' in French, but it fits better when it is loosely translated as 'Call Me', the song title.
   I didn't watch much of the World Series tonight, as I was at the comedy club. I saw the start and end of the game. The Cardinals lost to Boston 6-1, and Boston won the series 4-2.
   It was a notable night at the comedy club, being the day before Halloween many were in costumes. The show runner had a pirate hat and eyepatch, though it did mean it was harder to see. I liked doing plenty of new jokes, including one from my 'work spouse' asking if I was sick as I am rarely on instant messaging.  
   When I got off the bus after work in the evening, I saw somebody being helped along by two others. Eventually one of them said he wasn't going onto the bus as the driver would pull over right away and put him in detox. The way he was walking it did look like he had too much to drink.   

No comments:

Post a Comment