Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rand McNally Maps

     After I did laundry around midday, I thought about going to a pumpkin farm today. But I told myself I went there last year and it is about 30 miles away. I was looking at my Rand McNally map of the Twin Cities and noticed it was really torn. So I went to a Barnes and Noble and bought a replacement. It is one of three maps I destroyed. I went through the box where they are kept and said I could get by with just one Illinois state map, and the same was true when finding out I had multiple maps of Washington, DC. Those from D.C. were free maps with plenty of advertising on them. I did get more while at Barnes and Noble. I also got a 2009 state quarter folio for the 6 quarters issued that year, the capital city and 5 territories. It has 60 slots so I did get some other quarters in there. I now have 18 in it, as there are the six it was intended for along with 10 Bicentennial quarters and 2 older ones. Tried to put 2 Canadian quarters in it, but they didn't fit the slot and wouldn't stay in. There will likely be some more that I find over the years to put in there. I thought about ordering it on E-bay but I still prefer to get an item in person as I am taking care of the shipping. The third item was a 'Big Bang Theory' figurine of Sheldon.
   Then it was on to Walmart, were I had some needs to fill there as well. Four items were bought there. I got a photo album for holding more postcards, and a photo frame for the recent addition to the 'Ring of honor'. The two others were a DVD- the baseball movie 'Moneyball'- and a plastic Charlie Brown Thanksgiving cup.
   It looks like I finally found somebody who can handle the disputed E-bay order for me, as I contacted Bill Me Later who sent me to Paypal. I said I would still like the item I paid for but if it is not arriving then I want to be refunded. Then I watched Game Four of the World Series, St. Louis lost to Boston 4-2. A three run home run put Boston ahead 4-1 and a pickoff ended the game. I got the album filled with the postcards while watching the game.       

No comments:

Post a Comment