Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Three Women With Hula Hoops

    At the comedy club tonight, one act was three women with hula hoops. It was entertaining on some level, but they ran the light. They took turns with the microphone.  I liked seeing the 'Extra murder' comic after the show. I said I liked the new joke about 'The hot dog monster', invented to keep his young nephew out of his room. I said it reminded me of a college instructor who spoke of telling his young kids 'The TV monster' took away their TV.
   Before the show I picked up the Bob Newhart book I ordered last week. It is called 'I shouldn't even be doing this'. I also decided to get a Charlie Brown item near the register. It was the philosophies of the four most popular characters- Charlie, Snoopy, Linus and Lucy- in mini-book form and through various comic strips. The Newhart book should be a fun read, though I noticed there are no photos in the middle of the book. I am used to this with biographies, although this is classified as a memoir.
   I had some more Godfather's Pizza when getting my car out of the shop after work. On the bus over there I saw four people leave a seat with ice cubes on it, too cold and wet. I found a Cheez-it cracker box on one seat, empty. So I took it home and it will go in recycle soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment