Thursday, October 24, 2013

Silent Auction Invalid Bid

   At the office this week, we are having the United Way campaign. It includes a silent auction with various items. I waited until the last day to bid on what I wanted, a DVD- the movie 'Kings Speech'. Others were crowding around near the end of the day like I was to do their final bids. I asked why some bids were wiped out with correction tape, was informed they were invalid bids, too low. This was true with a guitar. My senior leader said I should bid on it, I said I am a comedian not a guitar player. It would be an expensive prop that I don't know how to use.
   I liked how today was all wanted postal mail, this is rare. There were 5 items- and two were E-bay orders. It was a postcard of Lincoln School in my hometown, and a photo of Lewis Maytag, Jr.- an airline executive- as a pilot. The other 3 were my phone bill, a gift card for Kohl's I had ordered with points I earned at work, and a card with helpful information about the election next month.
   I stayed in and watched the World Series, game two. It turned out to be another comedy of errors, as St. Louis beat Boston 4-2 to even the series. The cardinals trailed 2-1 after an Ortiz home run, but a throwing error after a run that tied it 2-2 put them ahead.
   I did watch two episodes of Big Bang Theory. The syndicated rerun was one where Sheldon liked using the sound of a cracked whip, and Penny helped Amy with ideas to make a scene in order to get Sheldon's attention. The prime time episode was one where Sheldon discovered an element by mistake, and Howard wrote a song for Bernadette and the gang sang it to her in the hospital when she was being quarantined.       

No comments:

Post a Comment