Saturday, October 5, 2013

Iowa vs. Michigan State Football

    Went to the Iowa football game against Michigan State, Iowa lost 26-14 after leading 14-10 at the half. I travel all the way from the Twin Cities to sit next to somebody from St. Paul at the game. Go figure. He works at the library at St. Kate's College. I said I had been there for a few events, like a Brandi Carlile concert and to see Maya Angelou speak. I had a bag of peanuts and a cup of Sprite at the stadium and a hot dog and a Sprite outside the stadium after the game. I recognized some of the music played by the marching band, like one song seemed to be 'Reach for the sky' by Social Distortion. After the game ended there was a recorded version of Lady Gaga's 'Applause', which I liked hearing of course. At halftime the band played Doobie Brothers music, first was 'China Grove', a song in the movie 'Field of Dreams'.
   In the evening after the game I liked seeing a syndicated rerun of 'Big Bang Theory'. It was when Sheldon got tired of everyone around him arguing so he holed up at the comic book store. Also found an episode of 'Monk' where Monk flipped a train switch to prevent somebody from being killed who had just won the lottery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment