Thursday, October 17, 2013

Faberge Family

    While I was watching the baseball playoff game tonight, Game 5 where Boston beat Detroit 4-3, I went to a Facebook group about the French Huguenots. One posting was how the Faberge family, the creator of the jewelry company, were Huguenots that fled to Russia. I had heard of migration to various places for this group, but not there. But sure enough, there was an extensive Wikipedia article about them. Probably haven't used their products much as I think of them as luxury items.
    Tonight of course meant two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory'. The syndicated rerun was about Raj being attracted to the female voice on his phone that helped with internet searches. The episode ends with meeting her and presenting flowers where she works.
   The first-run episode was about Sheldon and Amy working together, and Sheldon embarrassed Amy in front of her colleague. He ends up imitating the reactions of a monkey to certain visual stimuli. This happens as he goes to where Amy works, and she is doing the monkey research.
    Two more E-bay orders arrived, both Maytag items. One was an old postcard from 1910, the other was a memory book from when the plant closed in 2007. I recognized some of the names in it due to growing up in that town. Some were parents of classmates. Others were classmates or football teammates. There was a page of postcards in it, and I recognized some of them as I already had some of these in my collection. This included one of the south side of the town square, from the E.C. Kropp series where I have the first 16. Another was of the county courthouse decorated like a Christmas tree. Others I had recognized as online listings but haven't bought yet. Some pictures I recognized from previous Maytag publications I had acquired, like soldiers in Vietnam gathered around a Maytag washing machine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment