Monday, October 28, 2013

Comic's Back Turned To Crowd

    At the comedy club tonight, one comic did her routine with her back turned to the crowd. She does the joke about the conga line at the dog park. I had seen another comic do this before, but it was usually for just one joke. Then he faced the crowd again. She kept it up for much longer and even asked a crowd member to let her know when the time light was on. The 'extra murder' comic took it further when following her, going behind the curtain.
   At work I was greeted by a little pumpkin as there is a Halloween decoration contest this week. In the afternoon there was a 'Lunch and learn' about heart health. My senior leader shared his story about having a heart attack nearly seven years ago. This event ran long and there were many who didn't stay until the end for this reason. The main speaker, a physician, spoke for quite a while.
   I did my best to follow Game Five of the World Series tonight, even though I wasn't home to watch it at all. It helped that it was on the TV monitor at the comedy club. After the show started I checked periodically, about every 30 minutes. The Cardinals lost so now the Red Sox are up 3-2. Next game is back in Boston.  

No comments:

Post a Comment