Friday, October 11, 2013

Roosevelt vs. Minneapolis South Football

    I had the day off from work so I could attend a football game in the early evening. It was a game in Minneapolis, Roosevelt was playing South, for the Teddies homecoming. Roosevelt lost 19-18 in overtime after trailing 12-6 at halftime. Neither team really moved the ball that well, and one of the South touchdowns was on a 'Pick 6' where the player just stepped in front of the intended receiver. I did get a homecoming button for a dollar. I took light rail to get there.
   At midday I did go into work, but only to eat. I was noticed upon arrival, no surprise there. First it was by the 'Facility czar'. I said I was here to eat and then I'm gone. He said it was a good plan for a Friday. The food was pretty good, I had salad and baked potatoes cut in half. Then I went back and had some fruit and a dinner roll.
   After getting back from the football game, I went to the dollar store and got some Lance 'Nekot' peanut butter cookies. Eventually I needed to get on the road again, as I wanted to see my 'Bestie' performing at the comedy club. I also knew the M.C. and the guest set comic. I sat in the back in the VIP section. The headliner was a Virginia native, and I did like many of his jokes. I liked how my 'Bestie' did do the one I called 'Garbage bag window'. This is possible with longer sets. He was also doing about 5 minutes on a local TV show that I have watched before as it is after reruns of 'The Simpsons'. It was a 'Deja Vu' feeling as I saw his set on TV right after getting back from the club.
  I watched 'Nightline' after getting back from the comedy club, first time in a while. The opening feature was about the Tom Hanks movie about the pirates from Somalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment