Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cross Stitch Case

    I took a slightly later bus home from work today. It led to me seeing a security guard I often see. A woman boarding at the same stop as the guard had questions I didn't think of asking before. Why he carried around a case that I thought was full of band aids, as it looked like a first aid kit. But I found out it was a cross stitch case, as it was right there on the cover. I did like looking at his handiwork, it was of a white tiger. He said it would be finished about when he retires.
    There was an early event at work about breast cancer awareness, I said I needed to stamp in before I bought a bagel for it. The bagel would have been free, but I didn't have a pink shirt to wear. A colleague said she would buy one for me, which was nice. When I listened to a seminar in the afternoon I alluded to how I wasn't wearing a pink shirt. I said thankfully it won't be like when I was in school, as there was a green shirt I wore just for St. Patrick's Day so I wouldn't get pinched. One of the panelists at the seminar laughed.
   Also at work today, I saw my boss's cube get cleaned out by her boss and our security guard. I have seen so many people come and go in over a decade with the company that it barely fazes me now.
   At the comedy club tonight, I did go onstage and did plenty of new jokes. One of them was about the bagels and shirts at work. Another was about the sock I found the previous day. There was a reminder at the end of the show how the 10,000 Laughs Comedy Festival is next week. I am still trying to figure out what shows I am going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment