Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Davy Crockett Hat

   At midday I went into the skyway and decided to get a small box of popcorn from the old-time wagon. Shortly after I did I saw a man wearing a Davy Crockett hat enter and ask me about it. I said there was a price list and depends on what you want. He said he liked seeing the popcorn wagon and left. Earlier, I rode the elevator with somebody who was talking to colleagues and she said 'Snow is disgusting'. I felt like telling her she shouldn't live in Minnesota if she doesn't like snow. I think some people just like to complain.
   At the comedy club tonight, I liked hearing a story from one comic that sounded a little like mine. She said she had a hard time accepting a compliment, though in her case it happened to be in Spanish. This is the one that also does the joke about riding the bus with somebody who pretends to have a blue tooth headset. After the show I liked hearing music on my car radio, in particular it was 'In the air tonight' by Phil Collins. I said the same about hearing 'These are days' by 10,000 Maniacs recently when I was at a convenience store. I wanted to stay a little longer in the store just to hear the ending of the song. Even though I did admit to the clerk that I could find the song on Youtube if I wanted to.
   Another E-bay order arrived as well, the other order of Huguenot stamps. These were issued by South Africa. I noticed it wasn't the only ones, as these were from 1988 and South Africa had an earlier edition in 1938. There are more listings for the earlier edition if I want them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment