Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Not A Light Out, But The Weather

    As I was heading to the comedy club tonight, I saw some flashes of light. A neighbor passed by, I asked if there was a light out but then I understood 'Oh, it is the weather'. As in thunder and lightning. I took my raincoat with me and didn't need it at first. But after the show I sure did. One of the comics was visiting from Los Angeles, but said he was originally from Springfield, Missouri. I liked hearing this as I spoke of my visits to the state. The show closer was the 'Extra murder' comic. He did a joke  I hadn't heard in a while but really liked, about somebody having a poor imagination, claiming they couldn't picture homosexuality.
    I did show the new employee more of what I do, this time near the end of the day. This included locking up file cabinets. It was busy for much of the day, but some of it was just catch-up from the previous day.
    Hard to say how much the E-harmony thing is progressing. What I have told myself is that I learned some valuable lessons from past relationships. Sometimes it is fine to let things fail if one gets early warning signs that it won't pan out. I got some of these signs from one match, so I closed it right away. I asked a question and didn't get a straight answer, really didn't get one at all. I said this proved a lack of communication. They spoke about a past relationship too soon, and then admitted it was a bad idea. This also proves they didn't learn from their mistakes, and suggested they weren't over it yet but claimed to be. There will be others though, but scheduling for a while may be a problem. It has to be when work schedules allow and planning around events where tickets have already been bought.      
      While it is true that weeding out matches based on the 'Lack of effort' factor is a good idea, I have to be even more selective than this. One must think of common interests as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment