Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Simpsons Comic Books

    Before I went to the comedy club tonight, I went to a bookstore and bought two items. One was a Simpsons comic book and the other was a Charlie Brown book. I am not a big fan of comic books but I do like the Simpsons. Since it is an animated show it comes as no surprise to see the Simpsons as a comic book. It is edition 205, where Smithers is in charge of the plant and Homer is promoted. I may get others now, and there were others on display. The Charlie Brown book was 'Be brave', a mini-book available near the cashier. There is also 'Be kind', and I intend to get it soon.
   I did ask the show runner what he knew about comic books and graphic novels, he was familiar with Harvey Pekar's American Splendor- as a movie. Since I considered getting the book at the same store, I had to ask after finding out there were at least 5 listings under the American Splendor name as I just want to order one at this time. Much like 'The Quitter', I may need to get it on loan from the library first. What I like is that the library has plenty of movies as well.
   There were some notables performing at tonight's show. The show runner from another club did her routine which included bits about being married to a cop. I also like the one about somebody she knows considering going to clown school. Another was doing his turtleneck/turtle check joke, saying it was finally the right weather for wearing it. He asked me to watch his coat and bag when he was onstage, and I am honored whenever my comedian friends trust me this much.
    At work there was a department meeting, our de facto boss said she was handing things off to our new boss. The Subway sandwiches left over from the previous day were placed in the main break room on tables just before midday. As expected it didn't last long, all gone within the hour. I got two ham sandwiches, got one ham and one turkey the previous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment