Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lindbergh Baby Case

   This evening I went to see a play about the Lindbergh baby case at the History Theater in downtown St. Paul, called 'Baby case'. I lucked out on getting a 'Rush ticket' for about half off. I spoke with an older couple who was looking at one display about it, found out they were from Des Moines, Iowa, and the wife had taught first grade in Newton at Woodrow Wilson school. But I eventually enjoyed talking with the husband more, maybe since the wife said 'She taught there before I was born' and all that says is 'I'm old'.
   I was familiar with much of the case due to my history studies and visiting the Lindbergh home in Little Falls twice. Though some new material was covered here, like how it ended with the wife of the convicted killer appearing on Phil Donahue in the 1970s still trying to prove his innocence. In the program, I liked a statement from the artistic director. Questions were asked like if public opinion and the media play a role in the outcome of the trial, and is our justice system influenced by the press. Then there is the declaration how 'This history is still relevant!' that I agree with. I had a drink while I was there, called 'Aviation', a mixed drink. It seems to prove why I like beer, as I didn't like the aftertaste of this drink. What I did like was the cherry in it, and I did eat the cherry after I had finished the drink.
    I fell asleep for a while in my easy chair in the afternoon, and when I woke up I realized the Iowa football game at Ohio State was on ABC. It was 10-10 in the second quarter, and Iowa led 17-10 at the half. But they lost 34-24. It seems like the same problem against Michigan State, how they played well in the first half and not the second. Since I was at the play in the evening I didn't see any of the baseball playoff game. But after the play I found out Boston beat Detroit 5-2 so Boston will face St. Louis in the World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment