Thursday, August 9, 2018

2 calls, 3 jobs, same company

truly a case of 'hurry up and wait'. I got called by a company I applied to nearly 2 weeks ago. during the first call I was told I would be called later on, and I was, about 2 hours later, around midday. I was offered an in-person interview, but turned down Thursday since I already have an appointment in the afternoon and it would have cut it too close. so it is on for midday Friday. I applied for 3 jobs and it sounds like they want to interview me for all 3 of them at that time. so it sounds like this one is more promising than the others I had been chasing, such as the failed phone interview from 2 days earlier. I also applied to another company that my job coach recommended to me, although it meant setting up a new profile with them. I sent 5 applications to them. last week at the meeting it was filed through indeed.
   I also got a response to a comment on a facebook  posting, where  a comic wants to do a 'pop up' show next week. he sent me a response on the posting and a private message, saying he was serious about it. so of course it pleases me how I will have some stage time at it. and since I have been stiffed on stage time before, sending the PM helped as one can get cynical about offers.
   I went to my typical place to perform tonight as well. and I saw airway there, which was nice. I said I made it to the security guard office, but since I got called by another company today I hadn't taken much action yet with the security guard company. roasting the show runner was a no-go as I went off on a tangent, but I really do need to warm up to the idea of roasting people. also talked with the acronym guy about doing a pearl jam song, but it didn't happen this time. I know I was talking to airway in the bar area for part of his set, that may have figured into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment