Wednesday, August 15, 2018

wallet argument

or was it a discussion? after performing at the first of two shows I saw some comics arguing about what to do with a found wallet. sounded like it was hypothetical. I was on my way out and I listened to it some as it was hard to ignore. but I knew I needed to get to the next venue so I had 'hope you figure it out'. I very much enjoyed having a guest set, an interlude during the headliner's set, the bathtub comic. I decided to do an impression that included a reference to that joke. I asked for my printed facebook invite be signed by the headliner. the button and the Wisconsin man were part of this show as well, the former did one about fruit salad, the latter about his dad selling fry daddy machines. I drank plenty of water there as it was warm, out of miller lite cups, the jug was near the entrance to the showroom. I had a beer as well. the second show was my normal open-mic of the night, I got a long set as there weren't many people signed up. I arrived as the spoken word poet was doing a poem called 'time'. he later spoke, after the show, about being in jail for a little while, but I didn't ask what he was in for. I saw it as largely unimportant to me. I have said it before about performing: I don't ask for much out of those I perform with. swap stories, share laughs at the club, then I go home. none of my business what they do away from the clubs.
   when I woke up this morning, I had no appointments. but I had some voicemails and emails, and it led to more appointments scheduled. I had an appointment in the afternoon, took light rail there and shared a ride with twins fans after it as the twins baseball game had just concluded. I went to this office to complete paperwork on getting registered with an agency. I am told that the finger-printing I had done for bank jobs in December doesn't have to be done again. they made it sound like that something may be offered soon. I now have two appointments scheduled for Thursday. not sure about the second one, but I would like to think it isn't another agency. I let them know that data entry tests aren't my strongest skill, but they still may have something else for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment