Friday, August 3, 2018

essay contest

I watched a prime time episode of 'blue bloods' tonight and it meant something to me when there was mention of an essay contest. and the young kid who won said he wouldn't go to the awards ceremony. because I recall when that young kid was me. it is something that I have probably written about before. this is a good show, I have mostly seen it in reruns at first, especially on the weekends. although in this episode I will recall how in the start there was a narrator and then it went away.
  I also went to Canadian days in little Canada this evening, a town I once lived in. I like making this annual visit for the festival. I had two ears of corn, free with the button. I looked around for other food but the pizza trailer wasn't there, so I got a hot dog and a bottle of water. after that I got a bag of chips at a super-America and some ice cream at mcdonald's. I was recognized by an event official for having plenty of buttons, when I turned in my card for the drawing. I was asked where they were, and said I could pin them to my denim jacket for the pancake breakfast on Saturday morning. surprised me how I would get spotted there. I shared it in a facebook posting and got a response from the button about it.
   I did some more cleanup, thinning out the box of paid bills, and it meant doing some shredding as well. in the afternoon I made it to the library to print things such as the job description for the phone interview I have next week. I also applied for more jobs. so in many ways I decided to bounce back from the setbacks of the week. after the late news I went to sing karaoke, and did one song. it was 'cake by the ocean' by DNCE. it was mentioned in a recent facebook posting by my college roommate. I figured one song was enough as it will be a busy weekend for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment