Thursday, August 23, 2018

kingpin movie

I watched the movie 'kingpin' on loan from the library this morning. I knew what I was getting myself into as I had seen 'dumb and dumber', and it was produced by the same people. there was plenty of crude humor in it. as an iowa native it meant something to me how some of the story took place in iowa, although it sounded like a fictional town and wasn't filmed in iowa. closing credits said it was filmed in Pittsburgh and reno. I like road movies, and this qualifies as a road movie. I bowled in a league when I was young, so a bowling movie is all right with me. the bill murray character in it, the nemesis to the woody harrelson character, I know what Dad would say: you're not supposed to like him. randy quaid as the amish bowler was fun, I think I ended up liking him more than the other two leading male actors. I know full well there are other bill murray roles I have enjoyed more than this one. no doubt I liked the music in it, including two songs by freedy Johnston, including 'bad reputation'. I have the CD it is from. sounds like there is a soundtrack available for this movie. it was hard to recognize at first how the band urge overkill performed the national anthem, but I am familiar with this band. also great seeing blues traveler doing a song at the end of the movie. and I correctly recognized roger Clemens, the baseball player, having a small role in it.
   I made it to a meeting with an agency in the afternoon, taking the light rail. hopefully I will get an offer soon, but so far I am mainly hearing about just having my resume submitted to clients. there was a nice view of downtown Minneapolis, especially the Twins stadium, from this office.  in the evening I checked facebook and there was an offer for stagetime tonight. it was great performing with the button, the Wisconsin girl, and the fargo native. I also made it to the karaoke bar and did one song, 'but anyway' by blues traveler. it was in the 'kingpin' movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment