Wednesday, August 29, 2018

real women have curves movie

I watched another DVD from the library this morning, 'real women have curves', starring America ferrera. I liked her passionate character in it, including how she was willing to talk back to her impossible mom. I like a good 'coming of age' story. some of it was subtitled, but not a big deal to me. I think this was the same movie that I saw available, for sale, at a grocery store a while back. not sure why I didn't buy it but thankful I finally saw it. much of the story takes place in a dress factory that her character calls a 'sweatshop'. I am trying to think about what else to say about the movie without giving some 'spoilers', although it appears to be from 2002, so it has been out for a while. I liked hearing how it was based on a play, I know some movies are inspired by plays. it seemed to be an HBO original movie, which might explain why I hadn't heard much about it for a while as I don't have cable TV.
   it was a busy day for me, as I decided to go the state fair in the afternoon. the weather report was favorable, so I said it was time to go. I liked being able to take a bus there. first thing I did was find the place selling pork chops on a stick, but I had to wade through a parade that was happening. I liked getting plenty of photos of it though. and it was nice to find another snoopy statue, looks like it was donated by somebody. I hadn't found many in recent years, after finding over a hundred on a project I was doing with somebody I once dated. I made some other typical stops, such as the fine arts building. I like seeing all of the art there, and voting on what is my favorite. it was a lunch counter scene, three men with their butt-cracks showing. and the lady next to them was filing her nails. I also did the 'punch card' where I found the 12 historic sites at the fair. I liked the prize, it was some postcards. although it led to an 'altercation' after I picked them up. another employee was taking photos, so I did one. I asked if I was attending with anyone, I said no. I spoke of being 'bad at love', and it sadly, eventually led to them siding in with my dates that had 'ghosted' me. WOW! there was an attempt to backtrack, but it was too late. I said 'BYE!' and left. I was headed to see a comedy friend perform. the Wisconsin couple was there, and while performing he sometimes spoke of his wife, who he said was in the crowd. I liked seeing both after the show, she found a friend there. I had been walking a lot before the comedy show, so some time sitting was welcome. there wasn't much left on my list after that. I picked up some buttons at the WCCO-TV booth, and did the giant 'carpet slide'. then it was back on the bus, and home.
  I made it to my typical open-mic of the night, and I spoke about being at the fair. a lady who hadn't seen me perform correctly guessed that I am a comic, which was a little odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment