Tuesday, August 21, 2018

bonnie and clyde movie

I watched the second of two DVDs on loan from the library this morning. it was 'bonnie and clyde', but it was a version from 2013 and not the well-known one from 1967 starring warren beatty as clyde. this one, according to Wikipedia, was actually a mini-series. to me it looked like a long, almost 3-hour movie on the disc. there were 2 discs and the second was special features. I recognized some actors in this version, as holly hunter played bonnie's mom and William hurt played frank hamer, the texas ranger tracking them down. I said blanche looked familiar as well, found out it was sarah hyland, who also plays haley on 'modern family'. when it is longer than the 1967 version of course it covers more. but it covers some of the things I was familiar with, such as a shootout in platte city where his brother buck is badly hurt. I was not familiar with the actors playing bonnie and clyde, when I watched the special features I found out why. Some of them were british and of course british actors are largely not well-known in America.
  I had another back-to-work meeting and I covered more details about the recent interviews I had. but I do not understand why my job coach thinks I should take another pay cut to get back to work. I rejected one of his job leads as it pays even less than what I was paid as a test scorer. I am told that his boss may be available next week to help with my interviewing skills, I said I needed help in this area. I couldn't avoid comparing it to performing, where I like being in control as I have the microphone. in interviewing, it is hard for me to avoid being nervous as I am stuck with guessing what questions will be asked and if my answers will be good enough to some tough questions.
   I performed tonight but mason city was not the show runner, he had a fill-in. there was a no-show and magic man was given that slot instead, just before me. I did one about somebody not getting their facts straight about a historical figure. also notable was some songs I had been hearing and I finally looked them up. it was 'sit next to me' by foster the people, who also did 'pumped up kicks'. 'sit'  is from last year. the other was 'first' by cold war kids, but it is from 2015. sometimes I miss it when a song is a hit, but if it is good I will like it no matter how old it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment